Today, we have started our very own forum and we called it Kopitiam. A kopitiam is a traditional breakfast and coffee shop famous in Penang. It is a familiar sight at kopitiams where locals would linger over cups of coffee and exchange news and comments on various topics including politics, entertainment, business and food. Our [...]
- Leong San Tong Khoo Kongsi (5.00 out of 5)
- Penang Road Cendol (5.00 out of 5)
- Ayer Itam Laksa (5.00 out of 5)
- Lorong Selamat Char Koay Teow (5.00 out of 5)
- Ocean-Green Restaurant & Seafood (5.00 out of 5)
- Gurney Plaza (4.33 out of 5)
- Ah Aun Cafe Ice Blended Drinks (4.00 out of 5)
- ‘King’ of Char Hor Fun (4.00 out of 5)
- Gurney Drive Food Court (4.00 out of 5)
- Pinang Peranakan Mansion (4.00 out of 5)
- The Sire Museum Restaurant - 13,831 views
- Upper Penang Road - 11,468 views
- Leong San Tong Khoo Kongsi - 10,341 views
- Gurney Drive Food Court - 9,795 views
- Mega Mall Pinang - 9,556 views
- Butterworth Travel Lodge - 9,410 views
- Ocean-Green Restaurant & Seafood - 8,632 views
- Isaribi Tei Japanese Restaurant - 8,521 views
- Bukit Genting - 8,461 views
- Curry Mee at Jalan Raja Uda and Telaga Air Junction - 7,914 views
- None found
- Yin San on June 7, 2012 says...
Greetings from Penang Butterfly Farm . Kindly take note on Penang Butterfly Farm new entrance ticket price with effective from 1st January 2012 and do update this in your newsletter or any correspondences on the publications which will be distributing to the public and our tourists. Thank you in advance for your co-operation. PENANG BUTTERFLY
- Jeff on April 10, 2012 says...
off to Asia in a few hours, and will be traveling anourd for the next 3 weeks. Again, with very little planning, so this should be exciting. =P a0You might want to follow me ona0Twitter anda0Facebook, because I
- YS LOOI on May 26, 2011 says...
Dear Sir/Madam, NOTICE OF PENANG BUTTERFLY FARM TEMPORARY CLOSURE - EXTENDED Warm Greetings from Penang Butterfly Farm! Due to the unforeseen rainy weather in the month of May has caused inevitable disruption on the upgrading work at Penang Butterfly Farm. Therefore, its temporary closure period will be extended until 5 JUNE 2011. Penang Butterfly Farm will be reopened to
- AC on March 25, 2010 says...
Blackout in Island Park again. S**t Tenaga. Damn in this hot weather
- Amy on December 17, 2009 says...
Avoid Pearl Island Vacation travel agency in Penang at all cost. Charged me extra and refused to refund me. The owner even resorted to threats and behaved in a very aggressive manner. I'll never go there again
- Ten on November 23, 2009 says...
Something's up with the weather.
- Ben on November 7, 2008 says...
Search Businesses in Penang
List your business here for free
Unesco boost for George Town
TOURISTS and Penangites have given the thumbs up to Tuesday’s announcement of George Town obtaining the World Heritage Status from United Nations Educations, Scientific and Cultural Organisation (Unesco).
Australian tourists Kate Beckett, 30, and her boyfriend Jamie Wallis, 36, said it was important to preserve the cultural sights in Penang.
They had visited the clan jetties, E&0 Hotel, Fort Cornwallis and Goddess of Mercy temple.
Steve Teper, 59, from the United States said he found George Town a great city, adding that the announcement was just fabulous.
â€śGeorge Town deserves to be listed and I enjoy visiting the heritage buildings in the city,â€ť he said.
Australian tourist Elizabeth Ayders, 57, hoped for more heritage buildings to be retained.
â€śIt is a pity to see some of the heritage buildings being demolished and blocks[continue...]
Snapshots of Penang
Penang In The News
- Penang freak storm: Only part of Jalan Macalister is open to traffic; CM annoyed June 20, 2013 9:57 am
- MAH Penang donates RM8,000 June 20, 2013 8:15 am
- Penang state inquiry into structural failures June 20, 2013 7:58 am
- Penang state inquiry into structural failures June 20, 2013 7:22 am
- Penang govt plans to set up commission on structural failures June 19, 2013 11:06 pm
- Penang Government To Set Up Commission On Structural Failures June 19, 2013 8:14 pm
- Penang to probe Menara Umno structure, bridge failure June 19, 2013 2:17 pm
- Penang police to view CCTV footage to determine rice sellerâ€™s death June 19, 2013 9:46 am
- Penang police cripple cheque hijackers June 19, 2013 9:45 am
- Talented duo save the day June 19, 2013 9:41 am
Almost everyone goes to this restaurant for the Indonesian curry prawn (RM15). Other than that, we also ordered 3-cup chicken (RM8), the signature bean curd (RM8), fried mix vegetables (RM7) and steamed red snapper – Thai style (RM35).
This restaurant cum museum is the former home of the late Yeap Chor Ee, a prominent businessman and philanthropist in Penang. In 2008, the place was converted into a gallery by his grandson displaying antiques from the owner’s collection. The interior of the restaurant itself is something to be marvel. Entering the restaurant is like [...]
The perfect place to have English tea and fine British cuisine on a well manicured garden under the clear blue sky on Sunday afternoon without breaking a sweat in the hot tropical climate of Penang is at David Brown’s Restaurant located on top of Penang Hill. Tucked away on top of Penang Hill lies a [...]
Located along the old world charm of Armenian Street is a Chinese restaurant that serves a combination of Hainanese and Nyonya delicacies. The interior of the restaurant is tastefully decorated to maintain the nostalgic feel of 19th century. Like most pre-ware shop houses built during the period, it has an air well in the middle [...]
Hidden from the main road is a well known seafood restaurant own by Paramount Hotel. However weird it may seems, I always prefer having seafood beside the sea because it gives me the sense of freshness no where else can offer. The restaurant not only offer a great view of the sea but also seafood [...]
Locating not far from the Kim Seng Restaurant Koay Teow Soup is another coffee shop competing for the appetite of the breakfast-goers. The specialties of this coffee shop is Hokkien Mee; one of my favorite hawker fare and they have been selling it since my parents’ time. You can bet nothing can go wrong with [...]
This is a new restaurant (open this year) and I decided to give it a try. It is located beside Teow Chew Meng restaurant. The place is comfortably air-conditioned and well lit with rows of marble tables. Even though the restaurant looks like a modern coffee shop a.k.a. Old Town type with free Wifi, but [...]
I’m not so much of a loh mee’s fan. However due to recommendation from a friend, I decided to give it a try. To my delight, it tasted better than I expected. That explain the crowd in the place. I have to wait for few moments before a seat is available. The thick gravy is [...]
The signature dish of this air-conditioned restaurant is Marmite Chicken. Yes, the sauce is made from Marmite; the thick and dark paste I used to had when I was a child. It is served with fried “man tau” bread; a great combination for the sauce. Other than the Marmite Chicken, it also serves many types [...]
This is a unique variation of koay teow soup. The soup has strong lemon taste and for extra kick, add some chili paste into the soup. It comes with sizable portion of mince pork. It opens everyday except Monday for breakfast (7am ~ 11am).